Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

So good I had to share....

As some know, I love to cook. I wish I could cook more often! I made a beef stew the other night in the crock pot and it was super yum, so I just had to share the recipe. The recipe is from the Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook.(my favorite cookbook)  In the recipe they use a dutch oven but I just used my crock pot and it was just fine! Its the perfect hearty meal for a cold night. We served it with biscuits. Enjoy!!

Chunky Beef Stew (Kim's version)

2 teaspoons Olive Oil
12 garlic cloves ( I used minced garlic and guessed :)
1 (2lb) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
1 cup dry red wine ( I used Burgundy Wine for cooking : available at the grocery store)
2 cups coarsely chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 (14.5) ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 bay leaf

Heat oil in dutch oven on low heat ( or a skillet is fine) add garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
increase heat to medium high and add beef, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook beef for 5 minutes, browning all sides.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 4 and 1/2 hours or low for 8 hours. Makes 6 servings. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.


On another note, we are showing the house today! Yea! Hoping it goes well :) Now gotta get cleaning...
Have a lovely weekend!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment