Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

all things happy!

Just a few updates on what's been going on lately. I have been so utterly exhausted lately, so blogging has taken the back seat. I am hoping to find some energy and spunk here very soon!!

I am 12 weeks today! Baby is the size of a plum today. No belly pics yet! I am not quite showing yet, but will take some pics soon :)
Everyone tells me that I am going to feel GREAT and have a lot more energy in the second trimester. I am waiting on that day! I am still so exhausted, I live for naps! I wish I could take one at work on my long days but I know that would NOT go over too well.  I am hungry all of the time! I do good most of the time and make healthy snack choices but the urge for pizza kills me from time to time :) Baby M is going to be a pizza lover when he or she is older for sure! 
Now that the weather is nicer I am going to try to get outside and enjoy it. I like to go for walks and really like to ride my bike, but not sure that is the safest thing right now. 
I am still able to fit into my regular clothes but some of my pants are getting a little snug and uncomfortable. Picking out work outfits is becoming a daily chore.
I keep seeing all these fun cute spring/summer outfits in the stores and online and I want to go on a shopping spree!! BUT, I have to remember that I probably won't be fitting into most of them before long. {sigh} I am keeping my eyes open for cute and stylish maternity clothes or regular clothes that allow for a little "bumpage."   :) I have found some good fun things on ebay!
I love this fun, floral, flowy dress from the Liz Lange Maternity line at Target.


Tonight Patrick and I have date night and are celebrating a healthy first trimester. We are grilling out steaks at home (YUM!) 


Another fun thing going on in our family.. Melissa made cheer! We are so very proud of her! She is going to be in the 8th grade at Southwest Junior High School next year. OMG!

She made the cheerleading squad a few weeks ago and has already started practice! They are having practices and a cheer camp throughout the summer and then in August for a couple of weeks before school starts, they will even have 2-a-days (practices twice a day). O my!
She is super excited! The girls on her squad call her "short stuff" because she is one of the littlest girls. She is going to be a "flyer." This makes P and I a little nervous, but I am sure she is in good hands.
We are looking forward to watching her cheer on her school's football and bball teams come fall. :)
Melissa also tried out for choir at SJHS and made it! She is going to be one busy girl!
She makes us proud!

On another note... we still have our 2 houses. We are still in the process of trying to sell the house we are in now. We had an open house this past weekend and had a few lookers. I also showed it Monday to someone who seemed pretty interested. I just keep praying the right buyer comes along. I would love to be in our other home by this summer so I have some time to plan Baby M's nursery and get all settled in before he or she arrives! 
P has been making some great progress on our other home renovation project. He has had some help from some guys at work and they have really knocked some projects out! I am proud of him and all the great work they have done! Hopefully I can post some pics for you soon!






2 comments:

  1. SOOOO glad you are feeling great! Happy 12 weeks my beautiful friend!! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 12 Weeks! We need to see baby belly pictures....

    ReplyDelete