Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

fun and food filled weekend....

I am resting up this am after a busy, but fun filled weekend!  I wish I had pics to showcase, but I didn't think about it :(
Friday, we took Melissa, her cousin, and friend to eat at Bariola's. Mmmm. Their pizza is awesome and their spaghetti is delicious!! Then we went over to fast lanes and let the kids enjoy some games and laser tag while we bowled a few games.
Saturday, we went to a garage sale just down the road. The proceeds went to the training center at our church {Fellowship} I scored 2 pairs of designer jeans for 1 dollar each!! YAY! I have to wear a belly band with them though ;) I just love finding bargains!
Saturday afternoon we went to my friend Emilys' daughter's bday party. Austyn turned 1! It was so cute and boy did she LOVE her cake!!!
Saturday night we worked on some housework and I made dinner. I have made these a couple of times and both times they were a big hit!
Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites

1 lb chicken tenders
dry ranch dressing mix (or italian works too)
1 egg white
6 cups of whole grain chips (sun chips)
{or I used bran cereal flakes this time}
1/4 tsp paprika
vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cut chicken tenders into 1 and 1/2 in. pieces. 
In a resealable plastic bag, crush chips or cereal and add paprika and dressing mix.
Coat chicken in egg white and then coat in chip/cereal/dressing mix mixture.
Place chicken bites on a cookie sheet or baking pan and spritz with cooking spray.
Bake 14-16 minutes.
Serve with ranch dressing or other desired dipping sauce!

* I served these with the homestyle mac and cheese. YUM!!


Sunday we had a lunch and easter egg hunt planned with our new neighbors. We brought dessert and a fruit salad and they made pizzas on the grill. They were OMG good!
This was our first experience with pizzas on the grill. I can't wait to try them myself sometime!
They made their own dough and formed little personal sized pizzas. They also made their own pizza sauce, which was delish! To make.. you coat one side of the dough with olive oil and a little salt and grill it. You then take that off the grill, coat the other side with olive oil/salt. Next, you cover the already grilled side with the sauce and your desired toppings and cheese. Then put the pizza back on the grill, grilling the side that was just coated with olive oil. Grill until cheese melted and underneath is grilled to your desire. Then, dig in!!!!

Since the day was so beautiful, we decided to stay outside for a bit and enjoy the weather. We took Tucker to a local dog park. He was not even the slightest big interested in the other dogs there. He just ran around and sniffed everything and marked his spot on every tree there. O well! He is not the best socializer. 
After that, we walked around Lake Atalanta in Rogers. 
{short nap time}
Then, I decided to teach Melissa how to make dinner! She always loves helping me in the kitchen, but I wanted to leave it all up to her this time. I was there to supervise and instruct. She did really well! 
We had Garlic and cheese biscuits, cheese tortellini and sauce, and a salad. I look forward to teaching her how to do more things in the kitchen :)

Now its back to work to play pharmacist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment